Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hooray For Hollywood....

If I were a nail-biter, I'd be down to the second
knuckle by now...I'm all anxious about the
Oscars...Ok, before you go all Cindy Sheehan
on my ass, I know that there are more important
things to be anxious about...the war...the economy...
the tapped phone...the terrorist next door...the
terrorist in the White House...The Visa bill that
just arrived.

But here's my dilemma...I loved Brokeback Mountain.
I loved the book when I read it years ago, and I
loved the film. A movie about lost love, portrayed
by fine actors, filmed in a picturesque countryside,
with music that make your heart swell. I want it to
win EVERYTHING!

But then there is CRASH.

This courageous film tackles a sensitive subject
in a way that I've never seen before....great story,
great editing, great directing, over-the-top great
acting. I mean Sandra Bullock acts her butt off...
YES!...that's right, Sandra Bullock. The messages
and images that this film put forth have stayed
with me to this very day...I don't think I'll ever be
the same. I want it to win EVERYTHING!

Brokeback has raised the bar for Gay storytelling.

CRASH has started a dialogue about racism and
stereotyping that was sorely needed.

In a sense...these films have made winners of us all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home